Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No Games. Just Sports.

I just found this picture of me running the 5K. I didn't know they were taking pictures. I think it is funny how painful my face looks. This was about halfway through the 5k.

I am still training to run the whole 5K in September. I am doing the couch to 5K program. It is a good and easy to follow program. Last night I ran/walked 3 miles and still felt good afterwards.

Here is my Momma crossing the finish line. I love that she is still smiling!

Last night when I was running I thought about the "What A Woman Wants" movie with Mel Gibson and how the ad executive pitches a slogan to Nike. Something like "She's running. It's early, it's quiet. Just the sound of her feet on the asphalt." I thought that was a bunch of crap. Because last night when I was running all I heard was my very heavy breathing, the wind in my ears and me feet pounding the pavement. Maybe one day I will feel like that woman but not today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails