Courtesy of Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook
- 1 lb thin-skinned baby potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Coat a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
3. Place the potatoes in the prepared dish and toss with the oil, pepper and salt. Turn cut side down in the pan.
4. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until very tender and lightly golden on the underside.
5. Meanwhile, put the walnuts in a small baking pan or skillet and place in the oven to toast for 6 to 8 minutes. Tip into a bowl and let cool.
6. Add the blue cheese and scallions, and crumble with your fingers.
7. When the potatoes are done, turn them over and sprinkle evenly with the walnut mixture. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
8. Divide into four servings and enjoy!
Each serving has about 240 calories, 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein. A splurge worth feeling good about!