Friday, August 13, 2010

The DORMEYER SILVER CHEF 4300

It is composed of chromed & stainless steel, polished aluminum, and black & red Bakelite. The mixer is rust & dent-free, works great, and sounds like a Machine Age mixer should! It could use some polishing though.


It even comes with a meat grinder and all the needed accessories. However, I'm not sure I will ever need the meat grinder but it is still pretty cool.




I found all this in my grandma's basement. What a great find! My grandma told me that it had belonged to my great-grandmother and that when she passed away, my grandma kept it because she like it so much. My grandma never used it though. She never switched out her kitchen mixer for my great-grandmother's. So, not only is this a cool functioning machine but it once belonged to my great-grandmother. A little family history is now sitting right in my kitchen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails