Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Dressing

Thanksgiving is a wonderful Holiday...my favorite to be exact. 
For the last 12 years, I have spent most of this day in my mother-in-laws kitchen.  We cook most of the morning, eat, veg out, and play games the rest of the day. 

She is a wonderful cook and she has taught me many things.  One of those things being how to make fantastic dressing!  Now granted, I have never made it all by myself.  I feel much better with her over my shoulder telling me what to do and that way I know I won't mess it up.

This is her mother's recipe and it is wonderful.

corn bread / old bread / biscuits
2 eggs
onion
celery
butter
(2 tsp) sage
(2 Tbs) salt & pepper
apple (peeled & chopped)
chicken or turkey broth

Chop onion and celery, and saute in butter in a small pan until tender. Mix all the ingredients and then add the broth until it is nice and juicy. You can add meat at this point if you would like. Bake in the oven at 400 for 10-20 minutes.

Happy Thanksgiving



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails