Monday, June 1, 2009

Anything can be Spraypainted (Well, almost anything)


I spray paint lots of things. Here's a short list of some things I personally have spray painted:
  • Pumpkins
  • Curtain Rod
  • Picture Frames
  • Canvas
  • Desk
  • Chair
  • Mirror Frame
  • Sconces
  • Shelves

I'm sure I could add a few more items to the list but I said I would keep it short.

I like spray paint for the easy use of it all. I don't like having to mess with the brushes and and the clean up of them. It is a very durable product and covers really well. To use spray paint, it is really very simple. Be sure to read the can and make sure the material you want to paint is listed on the can. There are different kinds of spray paint out there and make sure you get the right one.

I also like spray paint for the color varieties out there. You can get white, pink, neon green, baby blue, purple, gold, silver, or any other kind of color that fits your fancy. It come in gloss, semi-gloss, and flat just like paint in a can does.

When you get ready to paint something, remember to make sure item is clean and free of any dust or any grime. Also make sure the surface is at you want it. Do you need to sand the wood down or fill in any in any cracks? Need to think of those kinds of things. Once your item is prepped and clean, you are ready to paint. Be sure and paint in a well ventilated area.


I believe it is best to do a few light coats on your items so you will be able to get a smooth surface. One of the best things to help you do a good job is the spray paint can handle attachment. I have purchased several of these over the years. I normally them at my local Hobby Lobby for $1.00. Really helps make the job easy, simple, and fast.

Happy painting and remember to have fun!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails