Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spoon & Fork Canvas

 Over the summer I started a small kitchen redo project.  I painted my kitchen RED and stopped there.  I wanted to hang stuff on the walls but I have been slow to do so.  I don't want to just throw something on the walls.  I want to put something up that I really love.  I had spotted some spoon and fork canvas that I really loved.  I thought maybe I could paint one but never really got around to it. 

So....last night as I go to my local Family Dollar store to grab some laundry detergent as I push my cart through the store my eye spies a very pretty spoon and fork canvas!!!  Not only is it beautiful and a good size but it is only $10!!  Did you read that?  TEN DOLLARS I SAID.

The details of the spoon and fork are wonderful.  Behind them is one of my favorite bible verses
Joshua 24:15
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord".
The canvas is actually two canvas but they were stapled together and I left them that way.
They measure 20 x 25.  I think that is a good size.


 Here is a picture of my kitchen.  I have hung up drop cloths for curtains, painted the walls red, and hung a few items on the wall.  The things I want to change here are the chair cushions and I'm looking for a vintage black phone.  I will change and add things to this breakfast nook as I find things I love.  For now, I am really happy with my new canvas.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails